Sunday, September 24, 2006

Back in the Life

So, last night rae and I attended a fetish flea market and play party in D.C. It's been the first time in a while we went out and mingled with others in the lifestyle. Of course, my friend Vox next door and all our friends are in the lifestyle, so we are frequently among people like us, but this was the first time since about the start of summer that we attended a social event.
The Crucible throws these fetish flea markets and play parties about twice a year, and generally we make both of them.
The first half of the day is a big vendor's shop, with every type of BDSM accoutrements' that you can imagine. Corsets, whips, floggers, bondage restraints, jewelry, clothing, artwork, DVD's...You name it. If it's kink, it's probably there. Unless, of course, you are like me and have been saving up for one specific thing that you want. Then it's not there.
You see, I went to the Flea Market for one real reason: To buy a violet wand set. My last set was taken by my last slave without me knowing it. Something I'm still more than a little steamed about. Then, she claims, when she went to send it back to me it fell off the car and shattered. In return, she paid some bills that I was otherwise going to pay. But since then I've wanted a new set, of course. Violet wands are one of my specialties, one of the things I am known for in the scene.
For those who do not know, violet wands are electrical play devices. There's the "wand" itself, and various glass attachments that glow violet when the wand is turned on, kind of like those bulbs you put your hands on at gifts shops where the little rays are attracted to your fingertips. However, whenever you touch someone with the wand they receive a jolt of static electricity, like when you touch a doorknob after petting the cat. The difference is that with the wand it's constant and not just a zap. Different attachments give different types of shocks, and what's more, you can use a body contact to charge yourself, and everything you touch gets zapped, and everything conductive you pick up will become charged. So run your fingers along your lover's spine and they get a constant tingly zap. You can imagine the other areas you can touch.
I'm so adept with it that I've given demos at scene events, like at Vox's Heaven and Hell masquerade ball. I charge myself and use things like samurai swords and gently draw the edge along my slave's skin. The sword transmits the charge, and it feels like she's being cut (the smaller the edge, the sharper the intensity of the zap, so you can imagine what the fine edge of a katana can do...Interestingly, I'm the only one I've seen use a sword like that).
But I've digressed.
SO I went to the flea market to buy one thing: A violet wand set. Now, they aren't cheap. You are lucky if a starter set of just the wand and a couple attachments can be found for $300. And I want something deluxe. Last time we went there were at least three different dealers with three different models. So why is it this time when we go there's......NOT A SINGLE ONE.
I mean, c'mon, I've heard of Murphy's Law, but that is ridiculous.
After quite a bit of searching I found a place that sold them, but didn't have any with them. They only had one at the shop and it was a pretty deluxe kit, but it was on sale. So I forked over 5 benjamins, and they'll send it to me this week.
We also got our photos taken by a professional fetish photographer. Nothing wild, just portraits together that he's going to send us prints of.
Afterwards, we dolled up and went to the play party.
I ran into a lot of old friends, met a few new people as well, and caught up with the happenings in the lifestyle. There are a lot of upcoming events I want to go to, not the least of which is BR2006, the largest lifestyle event on the east coast. Hopefully rae and I will make a few of them.
After some waiting, we got an open station and got to play. Won't go into details on that...hehehe.
But much, much later, we came across a unique device. This guy was giving demonstrations of a vacuum bed.
Here's how it works: You get into this latex bag, more or less, and then a vacuum pump sucks all the air out (your head, of course, is free) until it becomes formfitting. Rae wanted to try it and found it a very interesting, actually calming, experience. I watched, and every time I see it I keep thinking it looks like Han Solo when he got frozen in carbonite.
Even though I've been really busy lately, I'd like this to be the first instance of a steady return to the lifestyle. And I can't wait til I get my wand set in the mail.....neither can Rae.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home