Thursday, March 23, 2006

Doctor's appointment

I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. It's for a general check-up, mostly.
You know what I hate about doctor's appointments? I hate the fact that you MIGHT find out something is wrong with you. I realize, rationally, that it was probably there before the appointment, but if I don't know about it and it's not bothering me at the time I can't worry about it. I know that's nuts, the sooner you find out something the better, but I feel the same way about taking my car into the shop. I hate doing it because they just might find something actually wrong with it.
I guess that's better than the wheel coming off in the middle of traffic or having a stroke at work, but the trepidation is still there.
Also, I've never been one of those people who had a steady doctor for years on end. Mainly because I move around so much. Every two years or so I'm somewhere else it seems. I get wanderlust. That makes it hard to have a regular doctor. My grandfather used to be my doctor, but he retired long ago. I don't think I've ever trusted any doctor like I've trusted him, but then again he IS my grandfather, that's a hard one for the average doctor to top.
So we've crossed a couple weeks of no red meat now and I'm holding up pretty good. I actually tried boca burgers (veggie burger-type substance) and they weren't half bad, actually.
I'm sick of chicken though. Trying to find more fish, but don't want to eat any more pork than necessary.
Next few posts are likely to be short and sometimes scattered. I've worked 12 hour days all week, and I've worked saturdays as well.
When I get home I keep saying that I'm going to do this or that...but I end up sleeping instead. This will last til the end of tax season (April 15). After that things should get better.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm looking foreward to my visit tomorrow. I get to find out just what the hell my sinuses are doing. I think I STILL have an infection, but I'm not sure. Of course I work with my doctor and nurse at least one day a week, so I know them pretty well. Hope your visit is bereft of news.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha ...boca burger....


you WIMP!!! im snatching your "maddawg" status for atleast a month. no beef? wtf?

you KNOW you want some 5 guys , hell i want some and im 500 miles away. give in to the RED side. that cow WANTS you to eat him. go ahead , eat that porterhouse....mmm tastes good just thinking about it.

you'll come back , they always do.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, there should only be ONE hand on your shoulder when u get your prostate checked. there should be NO rhythmic motions back there either.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Dark Lord said...

"oh yeah, there should only be ONE hand on your shoulder when u get your prostate checked. there should be NO rhythmic motions back there either."


....it hadn't even occured to me they might do that test....

Fortunately the doctor's a "she"....yikes.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Jayble said...

Boca Burgers are pretty good, especially if you make them salsa burgers. Tilapia fish is the best, IMHO because it has low mercury and it doesn't have the icky "fishy" taste that happens occasioanlly with other fish.

Beans of all sorts are good, too. Black beans are pretty versatile.

Don't get me wrong, there isn't much that you can substitute for red meat and still get the red meat taste, but if you are just looking for some protein to get you through Lent, beans, fish, chicken, turkey and Boca should see you through really well.

Good luck at your appointment!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY!!! No fair!! If I can't do it, no one can, not even a doctor.....

~rae

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rae, there is such a thing as Too Much Information, and you have just given us that. d-=

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...Maddog and Rae ...the new whitney and bobby. the told a story of what he did for her out of luv.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home